RDMnet is a library that implements ANSI E1.33, a standard by ESTA for entertainment technology. E1.33 extends the functionality of RDM (Remote Device Management, ANSI E1.20) onto IP networks. The RDMnet library is maintained by ETC.
The RDMnet binary package is currently ported for Microsoft Windows and macOS. It includes the following components:
- rdmnet_controller_example: A Qt-based GUI application which does basic discovery, display and configuration of RDMnet Components.
- rdmnet_broker_example: A console application which implements an RDMnet Broker.
- rdmnet_device_example: A console application which implements an RDMnet Device.
- rdmnet_gateway_example: (from version 0.3.0, Windows only) A console application which uses connected ETC Gadget II devices to act as an RDMnet Gateway.
- llrp_manager_example: A console application which implements a basic LLRP Manager.
Run the binaries
The console applications can be invoked from the command line with no arguments
to run with default settings. Use
--help to check what usage options are
available. For example:
Note on Qt
The RDMnet Controller example application is distributed with binaries for Qt 5.9.7. This bundling is permitted under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) v.3. For more information on this, see the disclaimer and the documentation.